A local company (REC) has possibly found a solution that will help Singapore increase its usage in solar power. There is a new solar panel that is able to convert more energy from the sun into the much needed electricity for a large metropolis such as Singapore. This new tech which has amazing reflective properties is capable of creating 280 W of power per panel than its previous generation - only capable of 260 W).
This is huge because Singapore is limited in space. The company's vice president admits that this may be a small difference of power output but it is significant towards a larger scale deployment in the upcoming years.
Here are 6 interesting facts on Singapore
- You can find the lyrics of the National anthem on their $1000 money.
- The Singapore nickname is the lion city but yet there is no Lions on the island when it was first discovered. It was probably mistaken for a tiger.
- If you are a historical buff and think of city states, you probably think of ancient Greece. Singapore is one of only three in the world is considered a city state. The others include Vatican City and Monaco.
- If you’re annoyed with time changes because of daylight savings time, could you imagine having to go through six different time zone changes in a century? Singapore has done this since 1905.
- The British Council did research on Singaporeans and found that they were the fastest average walkers in the world. Branded numbers come to 18 m per 11 seconds.
- Lastly did you know that there is a Singapore town in the state of Michigan? Apparently it is a ghost town but there is a Singapore yacht club near the ghost town.